OVPL - wrap-up of objections

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Jul 21 23:47:05 UTC 2005

> I'm not sure what you mean by "doable" here. I don't believe
> there is an enforceability problem beyond that of ANY
> reciprocal license in bare license form (Andy disagrees, if
> you do too, I'd like to know why; Larry Rosen seems to agree).

That misstates what I told you. Your rather tough license requirement that
contributors assign their copyrights to the ID is possibly not enforceable
in the absence of a written contract. I referred you to 17 USC 201(e) and
204(a). You should consult your own attorney to get advice about how or if
those sections of copyright law might affect your license.

/Larry