OSI-approved license that assigns contributor copyright to me

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sun Jul 10 09:14:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 02:07:11AM -0700, David Barrett wrote:

> Is there an OSI license that accomplishes this in a more straightforward
> and deliberate fashion than the QPL?  Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, no. I'm not sure whether it's something you
/can/ do in a software license without extra paperwork being involved.

One thing that's worth noting is that copyright assignment (by default)
would remove the original patch author's rights. That's probably not
what you want to do, and it's certainly not likely to be considered open
source.
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org