Cherokee Nation Open Source License

Stephen Pollei stephen_pollei at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 23:20:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 15:32, Benjamin Rossen wrote:
> Brian
>
> The article didn't say much about the Cherokee Nation's license, except that
> it is still being written. Perhaps someone ought to approach them in the
> spirit of friendly co-operation to assist with the preparation of a license
> that meets the Open Source Definition.
>
> If it does, of course, then being a Cherokee Nation license shall become
> somewhat of a moot point. It shall belong to the Open Source Nation; being
> people like myself wearing dark stripes under our eyes... but not from
> warpaint.

I think that http://www.gadugi.org/ is no more. It went net dead soon
after the http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.1/1425.html
and http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.1/1503.html
messages were exchanged. I had previously left comments on the gadugi
website indicating that as he was discussing the license that it
wouldn't be compatible with the Open Source definition that was located
at http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php .

Anyway I have not been in contact with Jeff since the website stopped
responding.

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/