Human Models -- Re: Creative Common as open source license?

Stephen Pollei stephen_pollei at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 18:55:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 08:58, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-15-01 at 13:26 +0100, Manuel Bastioni wrote:
> > How to have the 'official' OSI authorization to do this?
> > The replies from here are sufficient?
> No. The process for getting a license approved is here:
> http://www.opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.php#approval
Yes but the license he is using is already on the approved list, so he
can skip to:
http://www.opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.php#marking .
"""You may use the OSI Certified mark on any software that is
distributed under an OSI-approved license.

To identify your software distribution as OSI Certified, you must attach
one of the following three notices, unmodified, to the software, as
described below. The full notice is:

    This software is OSI Certified Open Source Software.
    OSI Certified is a certification mark of the Open Source Initiative.

The shorter notice is:

    OSI Certified Open Source Software

The graphic notice is:
http://www.opensource.org/graphics/osi-certified-120x100.png """

I assume that he can put the logo on his website even though his html
isn't technically "The Software".

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/