brainstorming

Benjamin Rossen b.rossen at onsnet.nu
Fri Jan 14 19:48:16 UTC 2005

That might be so, but I am not interested in this casus. I am making a
proposal for a new kind of Open Source License. Let is give it a name; the
OSCA License (see www.amiculus.com to see what this name means)

Now if you write code and release it under the OSCA License, then you shall be
pleased to see it used for BAR, FOO, FIE and FIY.... and yes, even MSW.

Because, when these people use your code, they are giving you the right to use
the ideas, patterns, algorithms, and any other things they may have
patented... at least those that are present in the package of software of
theirs that contains your code, ideas, patterns, algorithms, and any other
things that you have created and that might have been patentable had you the
inclination to claim them.

In fact, you would be hoping that as many people as possible use your code,
because there is reciprocity in the contract. You shall be getting protection
from prosecution in return.

Of course you could go on releasing software under BSD license, but it seems
you get only litigious results... if that is indeed where the BSD license
takes you.

When a contract works correctly, there is no litigation. Everyone knows how
things work. I am trying to brainstorm with a the aim of bringing the looming
patent wars to a dead stop before then get going.

Benjamin