For Approval: ACE License

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Feb 27 04:19:44 UTC 2005

Ken Sedgwick scripsit:

> My name is Ken Sedgwick.  I am a volunteer package maintainer working
> to get the ACE and TAO software libraries into standard Linux
> distribution.  I am not a lawyer.
>
> The Fedora Extras (Linux Distribution) team has requested that newly
> submitted packages have OSI approved software licenses.  The ACE folks
> were agreeable to my submission of the ACE License for OSI
> certification.

IMO this license is obviously Open Source (of the "simple permissive"
type) and should be approved by OSI as soon as possible.  It meets
all nine clauses of the OSD.

--
"But the next day there came no dawn,           John Cowan
and the Grey Company passed on into the         cowan at ccil.org
darkness of the Storm of Mordor and were        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
lost to mortal sight; but the Dead              http://reutershealth.com
followed them.          --"The Passing of the Grey Company"