[OT] Russ Nelson's public relations

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Wed Feb 9 18:54:39 UTC 2005

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> But since squiggleslash apparently did not understand Russ's short
> essay, it's hard to see how it matters.

I find the short essay is racist, but probably not for the reason most
people would think.  I think it is racist because it conjectures the
motives of all blacks are explained by the motives of former black slaves.
The phrase "when their forbears were slaves" is an incredibly sloppy
generalization, so anything which follows is intellectually unsupportable.

I highly doubt that the essay was written by Russ Nelson.

If it was, he was not in his right mind, and will correct it.

Hope you are OK, Russ.