Binaries and the Open Software License

Marcus R. Breese mbreese at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 02:07:08 UTC 2005

You'd have to assume that the "Original Work" is an application.
However, the license is vague in that regard.  But you could easily
interpret that clause 1.d
	{licensee is given the right to} "to perform the Original Work
	publicly;" would cover being able to actually use the software
	application.

And, if that didn't do it for you, the final clause (15) would certainly
cover the use of an application licensed under the OSL:

	15) Right to Use. You may use the Original Work in all ways not
	otherwise restricted or conditioned by this License or by law,
	and Licensor promises not to interfere with or be responsible
	for such uses by You.

This should suffice to give you the rights to use the application.

As with Eugene, IANAL, etc...

Marcus