For Approval: Microsoft Community License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Dec 11 21:43:28 UTC 2005

John Cowan writes:
 > Microsoft is adding new licenses to its Shared Source Initiative which
 > I believe qualify as open-source licenses.

Let's give Microsoft a chance to submit these licenses on its own.  I
think that the general principle should be that authors have
preference over third parties when it comes to submitting licenses.
Microsoft has said neither that they will nor that they won't submit
their two licenses.  They've said that they're not submitting them at
this time.  Perhaps they have revisions to make?  If so, then
approving draft licenses would be a serious wrongo.

If you insist, we can take it to the next board meeting, but I'm
reasonably confident that the board's decision will be to defer
approval.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | A computer without Python is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | like a CPU without memory: