Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Aug 22 21:27:47 UTC 2005

Russell Nelson wrote:

>A priori, democracy is held to be good.  This is faith-based reasoning.

This isn't really what we should be hearing from an OSI director in his
official capacity.

But since you have been self-elected for 7 years, I guess it accurately
portrays your viewpoint.

Human beings can't be perfect leaders. And I think part of the problem
is that you feel you've feel that OSI is a meritocracy, and that you've
successfully risen to the peak of a meritocracy and thus have some right
to judge yourself a good leader.

Sorry, OSI isn't a meritocracy.

    Bruce