OSI Board Meetings

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 10:59:21 UTC 2005

Russ tells me that there was some confusion on this list about whether
or not the OSI board had a meeting last week.  We did not, but we did
have a meeting in August already.

The OSI Board is normally scheduled to meet 1x per month by phone on the
2nd Wednesday of each month.  However we also meet face to face 4x per
year and this schedule is much more dependent on external conference
schedules, not our own.  In August we had a f2f meeting in Portland OR
(at O'Reilly's OSCON) that displaced the August phone meeting.  We'll be
meeting by phone in September, f2f again in October, and then by phone
in Nov and Dec.  We haven't yet decided whether Jan or Feb will be a f2f
meeting.

With the kickoff of the License Proliferation Committee at OSCON in
August, the OSI is now fully engaged in the activities of both approving
new licenses and evaluating existing licenses.  Licenses pending board
approval on license-discuss will be evaluated by the board at the next
meeting in September.