OSL 3.0 section 6 ["Attribution Rights"]

Joel West svosrp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 23:46:15 UTC 2005

Larry,

While I certainly understand why this sort of clause is essential for some firms, isn't this the same sort of issue as the much-hated (now defunct) BSD advertising clause? On page 82 you say "such advertising demands are no longer acceptable..." (quote taken out of context)

Do you anticipate getting similar criticism of this clause, either from the OSI board in approving the license, or from f/oss partisans in general?

Joel

On 11:01 AM -0700 8/11/05, Lawrence Rosen doth scribe: