Copy-Back License draft for discussion

Thorsten Glaser tg at 66h.42h.de
Mon Apr 25 19:46:56 UTC 2005

John Cowan dixit:

(Please don't Cc me on replies.)

>Thorsten Glaser scripsit:
[...]
>> > Redistribution and use, with or without modification, publical
>
>"Public"

I stand corrected.

>"This project" is more specific than "the project".

What if I'm no project but only a single author?

But maybe I over-interpret the "this" reference.

>Legal systems always excuse people from specific performance
>(as this is) when prevented by force-majeure (as this is).
>No license can oblige you to do the impossible.

The licence can be void if you can't do it. Some licences
are written this way.

>Unfortunately, it's probably not enforceable in the U.S. if it
>doesn't stand out in some way, and ALL CAPS is the only standout
>form available in plain text.

As far as I was told (even here?), that's a tale from the past.

IANAL,
//mirabile
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
	-- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc