"viral" (was RE: Licensing options for firmware)

Benjamin Rossen b.rossen at onsnet.nu
Wed Apr 13 00:20:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 21:03, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> It is like screaming, in a classroom, "I'm not four-eyed!!!".
>
> Let me be blunt about this. I find it simply stupid to spend so much
> time and energy on "semantic" and "conotation" issues ...

I have not noticed people screaming on this forum. The use of the phrases "it
is like screaming" and "let me be blunt..." are, however, quite emphatic.

> Just going into "bash them" mode doesn't
> help, and only hurts the open source movement.

Does your suggestion that we are "simply stupid" for conducting a discussion
about the applicability of the term 'viral' count as "bash them mode"?

One of the properties of the e-mail medium is its immediacy. Many of us have
fallen into the trap of dashing off ill conceived comments, myself included.
These days, I try to think before I post.

Benjamin Rossen