A prototype License Wizard up and running

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Apr 8 15:57:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005/04/07 (MDT), <bruce at perens.com> wrote:

> Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>> For example, the wizard might ask:
>>>
>>>     ``There is no clear legal interpretation of whether X is true.
>>> Even OSI  board is divided on this issue! You can read these
>>> conflicting points of  view <here> and <there>. Do _you_ think X is
>>> true?
>>
> If the user holds an opinion about this, the user has already advanced
> beyond the need for a wizard program.

Not true. I have an opinion about this, but I need a wizard program
because my licensing needs vary, and because new licenses may be better
than the old ones I am familiar with. I may also be interested in what-if
analysis: investigating how a change in my opinion would affect the list
of OSI-recommended licenses.

On the other hand, the above was just an example -- OSI will determine
what questions are worth asking.

Alex.