License Wizard; previously Re: An explanation of the difficulty of solving licenseproliferation in one sentence

Justin Clift jclift at digitaldistribution.com
Thu Apr 7 18:34:55 UTC 2005

Scott Miller wrote:
> It's not much of a wizard, but Creative Commons has a license chooser...
>
> http://creativecommons.org/license/
>
> Seems to me the starter questions would be the same.

As a starting point to draw from, it's a good way forward.  Not sure if
the questions apply exactly, but here's what they've got:

a) Allow commercial uses of your work? (with link for more info)

    + Yes
    + No

b) Allow modifications of your work? (with link for more info)

    + Yes
    + Yes, as long as others share alike (with link for more info)
    + No

c) Jurisdiction of your license

    [drop down selector with countries]

d) Tell us the format of your work

    [drop down selector with various file types]

Question b) wouldn't be relevant would it?

What should be done for question d)?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Executive Director
Digital Distribution Global Training Services Pty. Ltd.