Licensing options for firmware

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Apr 6 18:06:44 UTC 2005

Ernest Prabhakar scripsit:

> Hmm.  Last I checked the Sleepycat license was not "open source" --
> is my understanding out of date, or does that not matter for your
> purpose?

See http://opensource.org/licenses/sleepycat.php .  It's basically
a two-clause BSD license with the following additional clause that
imposes reciprocity:

	Redistributions in any form must be accompanied by information
	on how to obtain complete source code for the DB software and
	any accompanying software that uses the DB software. The source
	code must either be included in the distribution or be available
	for no more than the cost of distribution plus a nominal fee, and
	must be freely redistributable under reasonable conditions. For
	an executable file, complete source code means the source code
	for all modules it contains. It does not include source code for
	modules or files that typically accompany the major components
	of the operating system on which the executable file runs.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html also lists it as a free software
license compatible with the GPL.

--
The Unicode Standard does not encode            John Cowan
idiosyncratic, personal, novel, or private      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
or graphics.                                    jcowan at reutershealth.com