"viral" (was RE: Licensing options for firmware)

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Apr 6 17:43:43 UTC 2005

I  have to agree.  I had the same assumptions about the GPL - that it was
basically like the BSD license, but required you to release your changes.
That's the spin the GPL gets in many discussions.

It wasn't until I saw the term 'viral' associated with it and started
looking into it more that I really understood what copyleft meant.  And it's
not necessarily a bad thing, but if you don't understand it, it's going to
come back and bite you.

Scott