compatibility and the OSD

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Sep 29 18:11:35 UTC 2004

Chuck Swiger writes:
 > Anyway, did you have a point to make?  People were talking about "open
 > software", "open standards", and even "open source" before 1997 on Usenet,

People were talking about windows on computer displays long before
Microsoft got a trademark on Windows.  Your point is orthogonal to the
way trademarks are granted.  Your point is pointless.  (/me nods at
Harry Nilsson.)

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes