compatibility and the OSD

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 23 23:01:04 UTC 2004

Quoting Bob Scheifler (Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM):

> I wanted to understand the factual/logic arguments, based on what the
> OSD actually says, or failing that how it is officially interpreted.

The good news is that the answer to that is very simple -- and has already
been covered.  Submit a (significant, serious, non-redundant)
candidate licence, if you wish to find out how and on what basis your
theoretical question will be decided in a real-world case.  If any.