compatibility and the OSD

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 22 20:10:37 UTC 2004

Quoting Bob Scheifler (Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM):

> The question is not about copyright law, it's about what the OSD does
> and doesn't require.

I can't help noticing that you're ignorning my point, and reverting to
legalisms as if they were dispositive of that point.  My point -- once
again -- was that requiring attribution does not constitute any
meaningful "restriction on distribution" per any reasonable
understanding of that phrase.

When you're quite done pounding on OSD#4 literalisms, you're invited to
consider the merits of my assertion.