compatibility and the OSD

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Sep 21 15:57:19 UTC 2004

Lawrence Rosen writes:
 > > No problem.  An approvable license could say simply "You may
 > > redistribute this software under the terms of the BSD license unless
 > > you call yourself Bob Scheifler, in which case you must use the GPL."
 >
 > Why would that be approvable?

Uhhhh..... duhhhhh.... it wouldn't be.  /me needs to re-read the
OSD every once in a while.  #3 says explicitly that a license has to
allow redistribution under the same terms as the license of the
original software.  So you could say something like:

"You may redistribute this software under the terms of the BSD
license.  If your name is Bob Scheifler, you must include the source
code."

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes