compatibility and the OSD

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Sep 20 18:20:17 UTC 2004

Bob Scheifler writes:
 > For my personal edification, and hoping this is an acceptable inquiry,
 > I'd like to understand if and specifically how the following informal
 > license sketch conflicts with the OSD. Any and all comments appreciated.
 >
 > 1. The licensed work consists of source code, test suite in executable
 >     form, and test suite documentation.
 > 2. A derivative work in executable form that has passed the unmodified
 >     test suite can be distributed under a license of your choosing.
 > 3. Any other derivative work can only be distributed under this license.
 >     Any such distribution must include the unmodified test suite and
 >     test suite documentation.

No problem.  An approvable license could say simply "You may
redistribute this software under the terms of the BSD license unless
you call yourself Bob Scheifler, in which case you must use the GPL."

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes