WG: AW: For Approval: German Free Software License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Nov 29 19:55:09 UTC 2004

Axel Metzger writes:
 > >Note that there are other problems with the license.  For one, Section
 > >9(1) is also a problem.  It should put the onus on you to get the text
 > >of the license correct by saying "... Should, however, differences
 > >arise, then if one language license says that you are free to do
 > >something, but the other says that you are not, then you are free to
 > >do it."  That will reassure monolingual users of the software.
 >
 > This would be the simple user friendly approach. One could consider
 > this. Are you proposing the insertion of an additional rule in
 > section 9 (1)?

Well, a modification of the "should differences arise" clause.  As you
say, you're inventing this as you go, so I'm pleased to see that
you're willing to make changes.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes