AW: AW: AW: For Approval: German Free Software License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Nov 29 19:41:05 UTC 2004

Axel Metzger writes:
 > I do not see that it is stated yet in the OSI Definition.

No, it's #7, Distribution of License.  That right applies to future
users of software as well as current.  You are requiring users to
switch to a different license of your choice.

 > We will see if the license board will require the GFSL people to
 > change the clause and what they will propose.

The license committee requires the GFSL people to change that clause.
I'm the chairman of the committee, and I won't recommend approval to
the board if that clause is present.

 > >In this case there is a blocking "bug" which is specifically this line:
 > >  "The new version of the License becomes binding for you as soon as you
 > >   become aware of its publication."
 > >There may be others.
 >
 > What other "bugs" do you see?

Since you evince no desire to fix the first problem, why should
anybody waste their time telling you about more problems?

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes