License Committee Report

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at CS.WM.EDU
Tue Nov 9 02:42:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:35:28PM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Title: MirOS Licence Template & OpenBSD License Template
> Submission: http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:8907:200411:ifijhbodihcacgebbjkb
> License:
> Comments: Sigh.  Both these licenses are obviously open source, they
>   are trivial changes from the BSD license, and yet the authors
>   insist on using them rather than the BSD license.
> Recommend: approval, reluctantly.

Only I think that the second one (OpenBSD) should be called ISC license.
ISC BIND was the first program to use it, and OpenBSD web page also
calls it ISC license.
	http://www.openbsd.org/policy.html
(scroll about 5 screens down to the entry ISC)

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan at cs.wm.edu>
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/