Definition of open source

Alan Rihm alan at centraview.com
Sun Nov 7 13:30:49 UTC 2004

No appologies needed. Your response was clear. Note that I'm not looking
to be convinced or to convince you. I started with an observation (based
on perception) regarding the current definition and licenses. Then I
presented a business case that warrants a discussion. Since this is
clearly not a case of right or wrong, but rather opinion, I'm happy with
the responses provided so far.

The open source movement will continue to grow and change, and I will
contribute in any way possible. As change occurs, I suspect that the
discussion on definition and acceptable licenses will continue...and
change