Fwd: Modified GPL Question

James W. Thompson, II jwthompson2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:34:38 UTC 2004

But there are lots of non-GPL but GPL-compatible licenses out there.
The idea of the provision is to make sure that all 'open source'
developers can benefit from my work, not just those who use
GPL-compatible 'free software' licenses while still maintaining the
'free software' status of my work. The provision still maintains that
'closed source' use is unacceptable without prior license.

--
James W. Thompson, II (New Orleans, LA)