Which OS license should we use?

jcowan at reutershealth.com jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri May 7 21:22:39 UTC 2004

Clint Oram scripsit:

> Our goals for the open source license and commercial license are:
> 1. Enable partners and customers to easily enhance/enrich/expand the product
> through "GPL-like" conditions
> 2. Allow our company to roll 'contributed open source code' into our
> commercial release.  What do you think about the Mozilla Public License?

Certainly the MPL was designed for just this purpose.  You will need to get
copyright transfers or licenses for the contributions, however.

I am not a lawyer; this is not legal advice.

--
John Cowan      jcowan at reutershealth.com        http://www.reutershealth.com
        "Not to know The Smiths is not to know K.X.U."  --K.X.U.