Why "open-source" means "free to distribute"?

clay graham cgraham at newobjectivity.com
Fri May 7 17:14:49 UTC 2004

>used with their permission. The permission required is described

um, i think this could be misunderstood. you don't need thier
*permission* you need to meet the guidelines that they require. this
does not require written permission per se (at least that I can find) as
long as you are distributing your code under an existing OSI License.

what does require involvement with the OSI board is a *new* license.

which Gluecode would need to do to use the OSI cert for either of
licenses (doubtful).

Clay