the X-Oz license

selussos mgr at x-oz.com
Mon Mar 8 00:42:51 UTC 2004

> I'm not saying you -have- to use the Apache 1.1 license.  I'm just
> trying to understand -why- you wanted to write your own license. If the
> X11 license meets your needs, it certainly would be great if you could
> use that.  If not, then it would be interesting to hear the exact
> reasons -why- you want to a different license.
>
> -- Ernie P.

Your points Ernie are well taken and I agree that it would be better
as a commercial enterprise to take one of the OSI approved licenses
instead and use this only for 'community' work, which I now understand
is not the province of this venue.  I will have to review those here and
present them to my partners and then debate their various merits.
I think that will take some time, and since our commercial open-source
product will not be available until late fall 2004 we do have some time.

Thanks so much, you have been most helpful.

Best Regards

Sue