Dual license question

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 29 05:42:44 UTC 2004

Quoting J.M.Piulachs [Sand!] (jmarc.piulachs at esand.net):

> One simple question ... If I have relased a dual licensed software
> product (GNU and comercial license) can other GNU licensed software be
> added to my code base without license issues?

1.  I note without particular objection that your question is off-topic
for this list.  Like practically all other recent posts, it hasn't had
anything to do with OSI or examining candidate licence for
OSD-compliance.

2.  The term "commercial licence" is meaningless:  Practically any
licence can be used in commerce.  You probably mean proprietary licence.

3.  You can answer your question for yourself, if you realise that you
attach a particular licence to an _instance_ of your work.  When you or
someone else then uses a copy of that instance to create a derivative
work, the resulting derivative either does or doesn't suffer from
licence conflict.  The nature and licensing of other instances of your
work has nothing to do with the matter.

--
Cheers,                            Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com