[Off-topic] open-source-debate (was Re: Dual licensing)

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Tue Jun 15 04:14:43 UTC 2004

    RM> Now, people here are generally (if somewhat vaguely)
    RM> sympathetic to your desire to find a business model that works
    RM> for you, because we're generally pleasant and agreeable
    RM> people.  But sooner or later we'll tend to come back to an
    RM> inconvenient fact -- that this ultimately is just not the
    RM> "Improve Glen Low's Business" mailing list.

    RM> However,, if you want to start such a list, I can recommend
    RM> some good open-source software to run it on.  ;->

So, this whole thread has been really interesting, but really, really
off-topic.

I started looking around for a list for discussing the pros and cons
of Open Source, and I found that there really wasn't one. Seeing an
opportunity, I started a new list with the great freelists.org
service.*

It's called open-source-debate, and the list charter is to foster
debate about the underlying precepts of Open Source or Free Software.

The subscription Web page is here:

    http://www.freelists.org/list/open-source-debate

You can also subscribe by sending mail to
open-source-debate-request at freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the
Subject field.

~ESP

* http://www.freelists.org/. Freelists is a great service, by the
  way. They host discussions about Open Source software and Open
  Content free of charge, and they use Open Source software to do it.

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://wikitravel.org/en/