Seeking input on license of existing project

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 12 02:50:21 UTC 2004

Ernest Prabhakar writes:
 > What *is* our policy on licenses that are just name changes?

Sigh.  This is a problem.  We can't let people willy-nilly make "just
name changes" to a license.  What if they want to change the
controlling law, or jurisdiction?  That's why we've pushed hard for
licenses which may be reused by anybody.  On the other hand, if
somebody insists on a license which cannot be reused, we'll approve
it reluctantly.  We can change policy, but it's best not to change the
policy which affects a license which is currenly under discussion.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | The USA has turned into a
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | people that are afraid of