Creative Commons Attribution

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Tue Jun 8 16:20:00 UTC 2004

    EP> So, the Creative Commons licenses are not OSI-approved:
    EP> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

    EP> I think there are two licenses that meet the Open Source
    EP> Definition: the Attribution license:

    EP>     http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

    EP> ...and the Attribution-ShareAlike license:

    EP>     http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

    EP> In discussing this on the Creative Commons cc-licenses list,
    EP> one commenter thought that the Attribution license element*
    EP> would not meet the OSD.

So, there was a discussion of the Attribution 1.0 license on the
debian-legal mailing list, which resulted in this summary:

I don't agree with the summary (see my response here:

), but I thought it'd be interesting to bring up on this list, since
it's been under discussion.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>