Dual licensing

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Mon Jun 7 19:12:42 UTC 2004

> It is clear to me that OSD #6 does not prohibit direct sale of the
> software.  I've never heard anybody seriously claim otherwise.

It's another thing. By clause 6, you must either sell to all recipients,
or give away to all recipients. I think this makes software sale
incompatible with bazaar-like development. But I must ponder this and
other things I've learned in this discussion. Thanks.

> Certainly neither the GPL nor the BSD license prohibit sale of the
> software.

Then they should stop saying "because this software is provided free of
charge..."