Dual licensing

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Mon Jun 7 18:31:25 UTC 2004

>>Nice case. Of course this happens only because the GPL is viral.
>
> You know, you might want to save the polemics for a crowd that's less
> experienced in these matters.  With the possible exception of Ken Brown,
> nobody here's likely to be impressed.  ;->

No troll. I just said that to link to a previous point of mine, namely
that dual-licensing requires a "reciprocal" license.

[Technically, viral = reciprocal. This has been discussed before. The
difference is merely of perspective. Naturally license authors and
grantors prefer the positively connoted "reciprocal". Naturally users
that find themselves restricted in some way by a reciprocal license
(e.g. dual-licensing costumers) will understand and use the term "viral"
better. And when discussing that perspective it's correct to use it too.
But I see this has a potential of being misunderstood as a provocation
of some kind in this list, so I'll try to remember that and avoid it and
save us all some time.]