The Affero GPL (AGPL)

Ernest Prabhakar Prabhaka at apple.com
Thu Jul 22 17:48:20 UTC 2004

On Jul 22, 2004, at 8:20 AM, Michael Bernstein wrote:
> Michael Bernstein wrote:
>> Has anyone yet submitted the Affero GPL (AGPL)[1] for OSI
>> certification?
>> [1] http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html
>
> I'll assume that the non-response means that no-one has yet submitted
> the AGPL.
>
> May *I* submit it, or must it be Affero?

I say, go ahead and submit it.

I look forward to the discussion, and if we recommend changes I'm sure
we can find someone who knows the author who can at least pass along
the suggestions.

If nothing else, I think even a semi-coherent consensus from this list
would be valuable to the community, since Affero is something a lot of
people are curious about.

-- Ernie P.
IANAL, TINLA, TINAMA (This Is Not A Meaningful Acronym)