For Approval: Panda3D Public License Version 1.0

Jesse Schell jns at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Feb 22 05:25:34 UTC 2004

I apologize for my slow reply to the very sensible comments below. These all
make sense to me, and I have discussed them with the other key members of
the Panda3D team at Disney, and there is general agreement that these seem
like reasonable suggestions (at least to the software developers).
Unfortunately, the lawyer who originally helped draft the license has left
the company, and it is taking some time to get a new Disney lawyer to adopt
this project. As soon as we can get a lawyer to help us either change the
license appropriately, or explain of why Disney would prefer not to, we will
post again.

I appreciate your patience in this matter, and the detailed feedback the
members of this list have provided.

-Jesse Schell, Professor of Entertainment Technology
www.etc.cmu.edu