The regrettable use of "all" in Section 7 of the GPL

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at realmeasures.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 18 19:15:53 UTC 2004

Yes, its distribution is still impossible.  The GPL preserves its
generality through the generality of the provenance of copyright.
Various licenses may assert all manner of things, but the principled
position of the GPL inherently applies in this case.

(Or so I would say by way of taking a stab at this question.  I hope
I've managed to express the idea well.)

Seth