For Approval: NASA Open Source Agreement Version 1.1

Rod Dixon rodd at cyberspaces.org
Tue Feb 17 19:52:48 UTC 2004

Technically, you could slap a license on the work (and, thereby,
assert copyright), but no one may care about your licensed version
since the work remains in the public domain. As a practical matter, you
could "add value" to the public domain work and then license it. Or, you
could create a derivative work. Or, you could do nothing to the work, but
distribute the work "better" than the federal government does (this last
choice is a frequent use of public domain works). Consequently, Brian is
correct.

Rod

rod at cyberspaces.org
opensource.cyberspaces.org