apache license 2.0 for consideration

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Feb 16 22:12:21 UTC 2004

Rodent of Unusual Size writes:
 > i don't think anyone has submitted it yet.  the apache software
 > foundation approved version 2.0 of its licence, and would like to
 > submit it for osi approval.  it's online at
 >
 > http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 >
 > and i'm attaching the text version to this message.
 >
 > it is our belief that this new licence is just as osi-compliant
 > as the 1.1 version, and is more clearly compatible with the gpl
 > to boot.

If nobody else reviews this license, then the license approval
committee will have to work without your input.  As we're only human,
we might make a mistake, and approve an Apache license which didn't
comply with the OSD (cough, cough).  But still, could somebody else
take a gander at this?

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Coding in Python
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |     is like