For Approval: NASA Open Source Agreement Version 1.1

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Feb 13 14:18:30 UTC 2004

Mark W. Alexander scripsit:

> NASA legal counsel doesn't seem to be aware of the Title 17 restrictions
> on government works. Policy cannot trump Title 17 requirements.
> Adherence to ii, precludes i and iii.

The actual license (is anyone looking at it but me??) says that no copyright
is claimed within the U.S. for works written by civil servants, as is the
law.  That implies that copyright *is* claimed for such works *outside*
the U.S., which AFAIK is an entirely novel point, which is why I posted
a query about it last night.

--
"While staying with the Asonu, I met a man from     John Cowan
the Candensian plane, which is very much like       jcowan at reutershealth.com
ours, only more of it consists of Toronto."         http://:www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --the unnamed narrator of Le Guin's _Changing Planes_