License Question

Chris Yoo cyoo at squiz.net
Wed Dec 15 02:14:55 UTC 2004

>1) Not only can an individual or corporation share the
>modified code in a GPL like fashion, but it is
>REQUIRED. Since this is an Enterprise wide
>application, most will require installations will
>require customizations. The goal is that eventually a
>set of commonly available modules will be available
>such that an organization can pick and chose to fit
>their needs. But using the code will require sharing.

Hi. I think the Reciprocal Public Licence
(http://www.opensource.org/licenses/rpl.php) requires sharing of modified
code, regardless of redistribution. See 6.1 (Availability of source code)
and 1.2 (Definition of 'Deploy'). Also see the FSF's comments on this
licence at http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/license-list.html.

Am not sure about the second restriction though.

Regards,
Chris Yoo