AW: For Approval: German Free Software License

Axel Metzger metzger at mpipriv-hh.mpg.de
Thu Dec 2 11:01:43 UTC 2004

Hello Russell, hello list,

Russell Nelson wrote:
>I recommend that you take the list of changes, talk to the GFSL
>people, make the changes, and then re-submit your license for approval
>with full expectations that there will be more changes needed.

This is exactly what I meant. We will come back to you when we checked the
things and have a consensus within the GFSL people about the "first list".

However: there are a number of requirements state authorities have to meet,
when licensing their software. Hence some internal discussion is needed.

Please be assured, that we find it very important, to get a license that
1) fits perfectly with German and European law; AND
2) fits with the special provisions, state authorities have to meet; AND
3) fits with any and all recommendations of the Open Source Definition.

It would be the best to regard the approval process as "suspended" until the
GFSL people have decided what to do.

It might take some time.

Axel