For Approval: Some License Or Another

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Thu Dec 2 04:15:44 UTC 2004

Michael R. Bernstein scripsit:

> Taken to it's logical conclusion, how does such a restriction on speech
> *not* eventually restrict in a practical sense who may write and enter
> into contracts on their own behalf?

Well, sure.  But my point is that no matter how free your speech is,
there are still lots of contracts that you can make but won't stand up
in court.  So the original claim that people could contract whatever
they wanted to is still false.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic