For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Sep 29 22:07:44 UTC 2003

Sean Chittenden scripsit:

>  Right now the members of this list (but
> hopefully not the OSI Board) are bent on arguing that OSI and the OSD
> is responsible for only permitting licenses that GPL compatible.

Not at all.

I think your license is open source, and I said so.

Some people think licenses that are ideologically anti-GPL *ought* to be
not open source, but nobody can point to a specific OSD that is violated.
This is not necessarily conclusive: if the OSI Board thinks a particular
license is not open source but doesn't fit under anything in the OSD,
it can change the OSD.

--
All Norstrilians knew what laughter was:        John Cowan
it was "pleasurable corrigible malfunction".    http://www.reutershealth.com
        --Cordwainer Smith, _Norstrilia_        jcowan at reutershealth.com