For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

Chip Salzenberg chip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 29 20:20:18 UTC 2003

According to Brian Behlendorf:
> ... there are people out there who passionately cling to the notion
> that if you get value for using a piece of software, you should be
> paying the authors of that software ...

What if the authors are of a different opinion?  Are you suggesting
that charity should be illegal?  (<- strawman alert)

Or did you mean, "there are people who believe you should pay them if
they wrote or otherwise contributed to software you use"?  At which
point you're in the land of proprietary software and on the wrong list.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip at pobox.com>