For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Sep 29 20:33:18 UTC 2003

Chip Salzenberg writes:
 > According to Brian Behlendorf:
 > > ... there are people out there who passionately cling to the notion
 > > that if you get value for using a piece of software, you should be
 > > paying the authors of that software ...
 >
 > What if the authors are of a different opinion?  Are you suggesting
 > that charity should be illegal?  (<- strawman alert)

It depends on whether "should" is to be enforced violently or
non-violently.  Are we still on topic here?  I'm sure I'm not, and
maybe you weren't either, so I'll not press the issue.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Can I recommend python?
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Just a thought.