For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Sep 28 03:25:52 UTC 2003

Sean Chittenden writes:
 > Because I want widget makers to be able to take OSSAL code, and use it
 > in proprietary products.

But that's what the FSF is doing!  Why don't you want them to do it?

 > The OSSAL lets widget makers who use the same set of modules,
 > ensure that any work on the modules that they have an interest in
 > (that is done in the public), will be usable to them in a product.

So?  Let's say that somebody wanted to donate a module back to you,
but they wanted to use a proprietary license?  You'd refuse it, right?
Why should the GPL be any different to you?

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Can I recommend python?
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Just a thought.